Supporting continuous integration (CI) has always been part of our vision for Gearset Deploy. Continuous integration allows you to merge developer working copies to a shared main repository at scheduled intervals, reducing integration bugs and keeping the main repository current.
In preparation for continuous integration, we've added support for comparing GitHub repositories with Salesforce organizations. With this new feature, you can easily view changes between developer working copies and deploy metadata directly to your Salesforce organizations.
In the near future, you'll be able to schedule these comparisons and deployments at regular intervals, making integration a pain-free process. Here's how to get started.
- Go to app.gearset.com and click Log in with Salesforce. Log in using your existing Salesforce account credentials.
- On the navigation bar, click Manage organizations. Then click Connect to GitHub.
- Click Authorize application to grant Gearset Deploy permission to access your repositories.
- On the navigation bar, click Compare and deploy to return to the comparison page.
- For the source organization, under Metadata location, click GitHub repository. In the lower field, choose the repository you want to use as your source.
- Fill in details for the target organization and click Compare now.
When the comparison is complete, you'll be able to view the differences between the organizations and select objects to deploy.